KIN RAISING KIDS TASMANIA INC.
MISSION, VISION AND CORE VALUES.
To encourage and support kinship carers, including grandparents raising grandchildren, who are the primary carers of diverse family and kin. The group offers peer support, advocacy, information and referral services to member kinship families throughout Tasmania.
To have every Tasmanian Child living in safety within It’s Biological Family and have an equal opportunity to develop to the best of their ability.
Kin Raising Kids Tasmania Inc. will work to have its vision realised by:
- Establishing a kinship care network across Tasmania.
- Representing the collective views of kinship carers, including grandparent kinship carers, to decision making.
- Raising public awareness of the pressures and advantages of kinship care.
- Referring kinship carers to a range of services relevant to their needs.
- Developing partnerships with other organisations and stakeholders to best support kinship carers.
- Represent and advocate for the best interests of kinship.